2021 HCFB Scholarship program
The objective of the Hancock County Farm Bureau Foundation scholarship program is to provide scholarships to college bound students who major in agriculture, agribusiness, ag related courses or have a general interest in agriculture, and to support students with an agriculture background. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of exceptional scholastic ability, involvement in agriculture, and/or financial need. Three scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000.00. Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
All applicants must meet these eligibility guidelines:
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate or current college student;
- Exhibit potential for successful completion of course of study;
- Be a resident of Illinois; and
- Be a Hancock County Farm Bureau member or dependent of a member at the time of application.
The criteria for awarding the scholarships are as follows:
(1) Academic performance and honors
(2) Rank in class
- Demonstrate an interest in agriculture and agribusiness
- Financial need
- Evidence of self-help. How is the student contributing financially to his/her education?
- Character and personality
- Industriousness and motivation
- Intellectual interest
- Moral character
- Demonstrated leadership
Applications must be submitted at https://form.jotform.com/203443912803147 by midnight on March 31, 2021, ALONG WITH A DIGITAL HEADSHOT OF THE APPLICANT (to be used in promotional material), and an official transcript. Transcripts can be mailed to:
Hancock County Farm Bureau
544 Wabash Ave
Carthage IL 62321