2023 HCFB Scholarship program
The Hancock County Farm Bureau Foundation will be offering two scholarship programs (please read thoroughly to see which scholarship best fits your needs):
1. HCFB Foundation Scholarship Program - This program is to provide scholarships to college bound students who major in agriculture, agribusiness, ag related courses or have a general interest in agriculture, and to support students with an agriculture background. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of exceptional scholastic ability, involvement in agriculture, and/or financial need. Three scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000.00 each. Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
All applicants must meet these eligibility guidelines:
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate or current college student;
- Exhibit potential for successful completion of course of study;
- Be a resident of Illinois; and
- Be a Hancock County Farm Bureau member or dependent of a member at the time of application.
The criteria for awarding the scholarships are as follows:
- Scholarship - (1) Academic performance and honors; and (2) Rank in class
- Demonstrate an interest in agriculture and agribusiness
- Financial need
- Evidence of self-help. How is the student contributing financially to his/her education?
- Character and personality - maturity, motivation, intellectual interest, moral character and
Applications must be submitted at https://form.jotform.com/203443912803147 by midnight on March 31, 2023, ALONG WITH A DIGITAL HEADSHOT OF THE APPLICANT (to be used in promotional material), and an official transcript. Photo can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts can be mailed to:
Hancock County Farm Bureau
544 Wabash Ave
Carthage IL 62321
2. HCFB Foundation Technical & Trades Scholarship - This scholarship takes aim at a growing need in production agriculture by encouraging the expansion of essential agriculture career pathways. Career-driven students pursuing associate degrees, certificates, or accreditations in various technical agricultural fields are eligible to apply for funding. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded. Areas of study could include (but are not limited to) precision ag technology, diesel power technology, truck driving and electrical. Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
-The applicant must be working towards a technical or trades degree or certificate during the 2023-2024 academic year.
-The applicant must have graduated from a Hancock County high school and/or be a resident in Hancock County.
-The applicant must be a Hancock County Farm Bureau member or dependent of a member at the time of application.
Funds can be requested for a wide range of educational needs, from tuition and fees to books, tools, lab equipment and more. Applications must be submitted at https://form.jotform.com/220243835809154 by midnight on March 31, 2023, ALONG WITH A DIGITAL HEADSHOT OF THE APPLICANT (to be used in promotional material).